8) Keep track of your finances. All of those late night pizzas can add up very quickly. One of my classmates spent $80 in one night on drinks without even realizing it. I know you've probably heard this a million times, but if you go out, take only a small amount of cash with you. Spend only what you can, leaving enough to get cp彩票官网 if you take public transportation. Leave the debit or credit card at cp彩票官网.
9) It is okay to say 'no'ť. You don't have to go out and party every night. You don't have to be involved in every single club. Learn how to pick and choose. And don't be afraid to say no.
10) If you get cp彩票官网sick, do not indulge the urge to go cp彩票官网. Stay where you are. Try to get involved with your fellow students. Chances are you'll find someone else who is feeling the same way you are.
11) If you decide to attend college overseas (like I did) research everything you can. What the laws in your host country are, what the weather is like, how to get around, currency exchange rates, cultural differences etc. There is nothing worse than being viewed as an obnoxious tourist.
12) Professors do not generally smile upon the use of Wikipedia. Especially when it is the only source you use. Wikipedia is a good tool, but try to use it only to get a good grasp on your subject. Then work hard to find other sources. Hard work isn't a bad thing either. This isn't high school.
Remember that it is important to get out and blow off stress. But make sure you do it in healthy ways. These are in no way all the things that are important in college, just some of the things I have gathered from the one month I have been here.
What college is right for you?When thinking about their choices for colleges, many students and parents often have a far-too-narrow view. Some only focus on prestige, while others focus just on sports, and others still…read→
Informational Overload! What Should I Look For in a College or University?We are in an instant information age, where you can find almost anything you are looking for online, almost immediately. Sometimes, it might seem like there is simply too much…read→